The Lord of the Rings' Cast: The Way Main Actors Look Like Now May Raise A Doubt Among Fans
Can you believe it has been almost 15 years since the premiere of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King? We cannot fathom how fast time has flown since such an important film saga ended. The following article shows how much the actors have changed since then. Let's take a look!
1. Elijah Wood aka Frodo Baggins was the center of the film, one of the bravest hobbits from The Shire. It does not seem like time has aged him at all.
2. Viggo Mortensen played the role of our dear Aragorn, who became King of the Reunited Kingdom. Time had aged him a bit, but he is still just as handsome.
3. Sean Bean aka Boromir was killed early on in The Fellowship of the Ring just like most of his roles since then. We think he looks better now than he did back then.
4. Orlando Bloom played the role of Legolas, the elf, and he became a heartthrob after that moving on to movies like Troy and Pirates of the Caribbean.
5. Sir Ian McKellen played Gandalf the Gray and then Gandalf the White, and it seems like time has kept him just the same as in 2003. He looks almost the same.
6. Sean Astin played the loyal companion of Frodo, Samwise Gamgee. We loved him back then, and we still do now. You might remember seeing him in the last season of Stranger Things.
7. Dominic Monaghan played one of the four main hobbits, Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck. We think that time has definitely been great for him as he has become quite handsome.
8. Billy Boyd played the last of the main hobbits, Peregrin "Pippin" Took. He still looks cute like he did in 2003, and he was recently cast in Outlander.
9. John Rhys-Davies played the role of the dwarf Gimli, who often partnered with Legolas, and he also voiced Treebeard. He looks almost the same. Are they drinking the elixir of life or what?
10. Sir Ian Holm played the pivotal role of Bilbo Baggins, Frodo's cousin, though he called him uncle. The actor is now 87 years old, but he has kept in pretty good shape.
11. Andy Serkis played the role of Smeagol/Gollum in the movies, and he is the master of playing different beings. You might remember seeing him as Snoke in The Last Jedi.
12. Alan Howard voiced the Ring of Power in the movie, but he sadly passed on February 14, 2015. After the franchise, he worked on the mini-series, Paradise.
13. Hugo Weaving played the role of Elrond. Back then he was also known as Agent Smith from The Matrix, though most recently you might remember him as the Red Skull from Captain America: The First Avenger.
14. Liv Tyler was cast as Elrond's daughter, Arwen Undómiel, who was also Aragorn's love interest. She looks just as gorgeous as she did back then.
15. Cate Blanchett played the role of Galadriel, who saved Frodo a couple of times during his quest. You might remember seeing her in Ocean's Eight.
16. Sir Christopher Lee played the role of Saruman, a wizard who had turned evil. Sadly, the actor passed on June 7, 2015, but he was able to participate in The Hobbit.
17. Bernard Hill played the role of King Theoden. He has kept in pretty good shape too, and you might remember him from Paranorman and Golden Years.
18. Karl Urban was the loyal fighter Eomer, who became King of Rohan. The actor was gorgeous back then, and even though he looks different now, he still handsome.
19. Miranda Otto played our dear Eowyn, the shieldmaiden of Rohan and sister of Eomer. She eventually killed The Witch-King. The actress is beautiful still.
20. David Wenham played the role of Boromir's brother, Faramir, and he went on to marry Eowyn. You might remember the actor most recently as the voice of Johnny Town-Mouse on Peter Rabbit.
21. John Noble was the hateful Denethor, the Steward of Gondor. The actor looks pretty good at the age of 70, and he worked on The Blacklist this year.
22. Lawrence Makoare played several roles including the Witch-King, and the orcs, Lurtz and Gothmog. He was also Bolg in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
23. Sala Baker played the role of Sauron, though we never actually saw HIM in the movies. However, we can all agree that this actor from New Zealand is exceptionally handsome.
24. Harry Sinclair played the role of Isildur, the man who cut the Ring from Sauron and kept it until orcs killed him. He has changed so much over the years.
25. Craig Parker played the role of Haldir, but you might also remember him as Gaius Claudius Glaber in the television series Spartacus. He is still hot!
26. Martin Csokas was cast as Celeborn, but you might remember him better from the television series Into the Badlands as Baron Quinn.
27. Paul Norell played the role of King of the Dead, but he was King of the Mountains in life. Of course, we don't recognize him at all because of makeup and CGI.
28. Brad Dourif portrayed Wormtongue in the movies, but you might recognize him better as Zoso from Once Upon A Time. He looks pretty good for a man of 68.
29. Bruce Hopkins played the role of Gamling, a man of Rohan. The actor is 62 years old, and you might recognize him from the television show Find Me a Maori Bride.
30. Bruce Spence was seen in the films as the Black Lieutenant. He recently appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Winchester.
31. Sara McLeod played the role of Rosie Cotton who became Samwise's wife at the end of the final movie. We think she looks just like she did back in 2003.
32. Nathaniel Lees played the role of the orc, Uglúk, and he was also in The Matrix trilogy as Mifune. He will star next to Hugo Weaving in the upcoming movie Mortal Engines.
33. Jed Brophy was disguised as the orcs named Shaga and Sharku. He also participated in The Hobbit trilogy as Nori, a companion of Thorin on the Quest of Erebor.
34. Stephen Ure played the role of the orcs Grishnakh and Gorbag. We cannot imagine the hours of makeup that took. He will also appear in Mortal Engines.
35. Joel Tobeck was seen in full makeup as the Orc Lieutenant. However, you might recognize the actor better for his role as Chief Supt Matthew Lawson in The Doctor Blake Mysteries.
36. Thomas Robins was seen in the films as Deagol, Smeagol's relative. The actor has participated in other Peter Jackson movies like King Kong and The Hobbit.
37. Bret McKenzie played the role of an elf escort, Lindir, in both Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I think we can all agree that he looks much more handsome now.
38. Sadwyn Brophy played the role Eldarion, a kid seen in Arwen's vision of the future. The actor was just a child back then and now he is 22 years old.
It's still hard to believe that these movies were released so long ago. It seems like just yesterday that we were at the theater for more than 3 hours at a time. If you liked this article, share it with your fellowship of friends. See you next time!