10 Flight Attendant Secrets That Passengers Don’t Even Know About
What passengers live on a commercial flight is very different from the experience of flight attendants because for them it is a different world. They should support the pilot, take care of many details and pay attention to the comforts and needs of all passengers, so they have a small series of secrets that you'll see below and that allows them to do the best job possible so that you have the best of the flights.
10. Do not be afraid to ask for more food if you are hungry. All the food that is distributed during the trips has a short useful life, so it must be discarded after the flight to avoid contamination. Do not be ashamed to give your stomach what it asks for!
9. It's hard to believe, but some passengers have the terrible habit of stealing life jackets as a souvenir. Therefore, and for your own safety, check your seat before the flight and make sure you have it available in case of an unexpected accident.
8. Have you ever noticed that, although smoking is prohibited, there are ashtrays in the bathrooms? Many people do not care about the fines, so if you forget where you are and lit a cigarette, it is best to use these ashtrays and not throw the cigarette butt in the trash can. Then you must pay the fine.
7. Most airlines only do a "shallow cleaning" after a flight. They fold the blankets and pillows, shake the food trays, clean the trays of the seats and vacuum the carpets. Knowing this, it is better to avoid being too squeamish during the flight.
6. The lavatory door can be opened from the outside thanks to an emergency mechanism installed behind the small non-smoking sign. Similarly, flight attendants have their own keys in case a passenger is locked in the bathroom and needs help.
5. If you signed up for a flight too late and want to sit next to your partner, or just want to select the best available position, simply be the last to board. The fact that the door is closed allows you to see which spots are free and choose the desired one without a problem.
4. Avoid drinking too much during the flight if you do not want to have a horrible experience. Flight attendants warn that a glass in the sky is equal to two on the ground and is the truth because the altitude affects the blood and if you drink a lot, you run the risk of being too relaxed.
3. Avoid bulkhead seats unless you need them. These seats are ideal for passengers with babies because it is easier to place a baby carrier on them, so if you do not want to have friendly neighbors shouting during the entire flight, you know exactly what to do.
2. It is advisable to drink only bottled water due to the infamous study of the Wall Street Journal in 2002 that proved that the number of bacteria in the water samples of 14 of the most popular airlines was hundreds of times higher than the established norm. Avoid tea, coffee and sink water.
1. In some countries, applauding when a plane lands is seen as a sign of gratitude to the crew or an expression of happiness for returning home, but the crew may consider this an insulting gesture because it demonstrates a lack of confidence in their capabilities
These secrets can improve your experience during a flight and facilitate the work of the crew of the aircraft to allow them to provide the best service to all passengers, so they become tips that you should follow on your next trips. Did you know some of these valuable secrets of airplanes or airlines? Tell us what your experience has been traveling through the air and remember to share this article with those friends who need this valuable information.